This policy is effective from 15 May 2018.
Our company name is Vaaru Ltd., and is registered in England and Wales under company number 08681362 with the registered office and trading address at Ridgeways, Barnham Road, Eastergate, Chichester, West Sussex, PO20 3RP, U.K.
Vaaru Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with applicable laws regarding personal data. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys, competitions, promotions or offers
THIS IS WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
We require this information to understand your specific needs, respond to you and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Accurate company record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to improve the website according to your interests.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to seek to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction or unauthorised disclosure, access or alteration to your personal information held by us.
We will only store your data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was supplied, after which your personal information will be deleted from our systems.
However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
A WORD ABOUT COOKIES
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by contacting email@example.com.